The Finance team maintains financial systems and records in line with statutory and funding body requirements and supports the effective planning and management of the university by providing financial advice and information.
The Finance department is led by Kevin Jones, Director of Finance and Performance. Underneath Kevin sits (a) the Management Accounts team led by Brad Ferrett, Head of Management Accounts and Procurement, and (b) the Financial Services team led by Mark Rylands, Financial Controller. The team provides the following services:
Management Accounts and Procurement
- Procurement support – tenders, supplier relationships, value for money exercises. Current IT tenders.
- Management accounts – monthly finance reports, budgeting and planning support, pricing and costing support (including TRAC)
- Statutory Accounts
- Sales ledger (student fees, invoices, credit control and cashier services)
- Online store
- Purchase ledger (supplier invoices, bursary payments, payments to schools)
- Payroll services
- Fixed assets
- VAT and Corporate Tax services
- Treasury management