The Human Resources Department is located on the Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester. We aim to support staff and managers in all human resources aspects of their work and life at the University. The department covers the areas of HR Services, Occupational Health and Wellbeing, Equality and Diversity, Staff Development, Environmental Health and Safety & Sustainability.
The Human Resources team are located on the Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester, although the team work across both campuses as required. We provide professional guidance and support across the areas of HR Services, Occupational Health and Wellbeing, Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity and staff development and training. The team supports both staff and students, working closely with the Students’ Union on staffing matters and inclusivity.
The University’s People Strategy ‘Working for our Future’ is an enabling strategy that supports our Twenty-Twenty Vision and other University Strategies (for example the Learning and Teaching Strategy, the Research Strategy, the Enterprise Strategy, the Reward Strategy and the Sustainable Development Strategy).
The team provides support for all managers and staff across the areas of:
- Recruitment, selection and induction
- Terms and Conditions and contracts of employment
- Reward Strategy: pay negotiations/pay scale, remuneration and payroll (we work closely with Finance/Payroll)
- Employee relations policies and procedures
- Equality and Diversity/Inclusivity (including the publication of the annual Inclusivity Report)
- Occupational health (for example pre-employment clearance and referrals), welfare and employee support
- Sickness Absence Management and other absence procedures
- Organisational Change
- Staff Surveys
- Flexible working arrangements
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave arrangements
- Visa requirements/Right to Work in the UK
- Data and Barring Service clearance
- Management of the HR database ('iTrent') and its self-service functions (e.g. booking staff development sessions and annual leave on-line, access to payslips, updating of personal information, manager access)
- Organisational Development and the co-ordination, evaluation and monitoring of the University's Staff Development Programme
- Probationary procedures and the PRDP (Performance Review Development Plan) process
- Job evaluation using Higher Education Role Analysis (HERA)
- Annual returns to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and other stakeholders
If you would like any further information, or require clarification of any of the information contained on the Human Resources website, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.