IT Services for Students
For more information on our IT Services for Students, click here.
Getting help with IT
Help and advice to support you in using IT is readily available; there is extensive on-line help, or you can contact us via the Support and Information Zone. The SIZ provides personal service via the counter in each Learning Resource Centre, and can also be contacted by email, by telephone on (01243) 816222 or through our self-service portal.
What we provide
Student IT facilities include Windows PCs and Apple Macs with a wide range of software centred in the LRCs, and supported by a state-of-the art wireless network covering all key areas. The network gives fast internet access, as well as opening up all our on-line resources and Virtual Learning Environment. There are printers located conveniently around the campus, and our “follow-me” service means you can pick up your job from ay convenient machine. We also support a specialist Media Centre with professional video and image editing facilities and provide a stock of loan equipment, including video and stills cameras, lighting gear and netbooks.
Who we are
Head of ICT, Architecture and Strategy - Rod Matthews
- Responsible for the overall management of IT Services
- Contact Details: Tel: (01243) 816150, firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Operations - James Mason
- Management of the IT Infrastructure, including data centre operations, servers and storage, network and data communications, technical standards.
- Contact Details: Tel: (01243) 816450, email@example.com
Corporate & eLearning Systems - Melanie Lintell-Smith
- Development and management of all the University’s corporate systems, supporting processes such as Student Records, Human Resource and Financial Management.
- Overall responsibility for Web and eLearning
- Contact Details: Tel: (01243) 816151, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web and eLearning - Roger Holden
- Development, implementation and support of the University’s Moodle-based Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Technical management of the University’s internal and external web sites.
- Contact Details: Tel: (01243) 816262, email@example.com
IT Service Delivery
- All aspects of IT Service Management, including second line support and training, open access and media centre facilities and classroom technology
- Contact Details: Please contact the SIZ on (01243 81) 6222.