Student Support and Wellbeing

Our aim is to support your experience as a student by listening, advising, and offering a range of professional services.

As a student you could benefit from specific types support, for example, sorting out your finances, managing a disability, looking after your health, getting through a tough period, planning your future or a host of other needs and combinations of needs.

Sue Horne, Student Adviser offers a friendly and helpful service for all students who need help with general enquiries or major and minor queries or problems.

You can contact her by phone or email, or stop by for a chat. Sue runs regular drop-in sessions at both the Chichester and Bognor campuses.  Look on the University intranet, "Portia", for details.

Sue Horne
Student Adviser
New Hall 108
Tel: 01243 816238

Our services are confidential and designed to meet the needs of all students across subject areas, modes of study, background, age and other differences.

Services include:

Academic Skills Service

Advice and support with academic skills is available to all students. Weekly open access study workshops are advertised on Portia and student notice boards.

Careers and Jobshop

Careers and Jobshop can advise and support students at all stages in their studies to develop, research and plan their career choices. Guidance is offered throughout the year to enhance job-hunting, CV writing, interview and decision making skills.


The Chaplaincy is here for the benefit of all - students and staff. It's an open space - it's a space for those with a faith who want to celebrate it as well as for those with their doubts who want to question it. For those who are just looking and those who need somewhere neutral to hang out.

Counselling Service

The confidential Counselling Service is available to all students. Counselling can help with personal and emotional difficulties that impact on your academic work or university life in general.

Dyslexia and Disability Service

The Disability Team provides a range of support to students with disabilities, continuing health conditions, mental health conditions and specific learning difficulties (including dyslexia, dyspraxia and dysgraphia).

International Student Advice

International students may benefit from some additional support while studying in the UK.

Mental Health

The Mental Health Adviser promotes mental health and wellbeing. Support and advice are available if you are experiencing mental health problems such as stress, trouble with sleeping, depression or drug problems.

Support and Information Zone

The Support and Information Zone (SIZ) is your first point of contact for many University services and is available for extended hours, weekdays and weekends, to support and advise you

Student Health

The Nurse Health Advisers offer support with a wide variety of health concerns. They also work closely with local GPs and other medical professionals to support students regarding the management of more serious conditions.

Student Money Advice

Student Money Advice provides assistance and advice for students who have financial difficulties.


The volunteering service supports students and staff who want to make a difference in their local community.