The Sussex Learning Network (SLN) is a partnership of universities, colleges, training providers and guidance agencies. As one of the first Lifelong Learning Networks, the SLN is leading the way in this exciting and innovative collaboration to make vocational higher education more relevant and accessible for people in Sussex.
The University of Chichester is pleased to be a partner in the Sussex Learning Network. Working together, HE and the FE institutions can offer a much wider range of opportunities to learners in Sussex than would otherwise be possible. It is our great hope that as a result of our efforts, many people who may not have contemplated gaining a higher education qualification, will now see this as an attainable goal for them.
Our involvement with the SLN includes:
- leading the Sport & Leisure curriculum development activity with Chichester College
- participating in cross institutional working groups to look at marketing, progression and staff development
- increasing flexible progression routes into and through higher education.
The SLN website home page provides weekly news updates on vocational learning in Sussex. Learning opportunities provides information, advice and guidance materials on vocational progression routes in Sussex to HE level and beyond.
The Student network is being developed by and for vocational learners in Sussex to enable them to share experiences and advice.
The Practitioner network contains:
- a programme of regular staff development events for staff in HE/FE
- funding for research on vocational learning
- updates and information from the SLN curriculum team on their activities
- a repository for teaching and learning resources for teaching practitioners working in vocational learning
- tools to enable contact with other vocational learning practitioners in Sussex.
All of the SLN’s activities described above are outlined in the Two Year Delivery Plan
For more information, please Visit: http://www.sussexlearningnetwork.org.uk