The History route is designed to equip all trainees to teach history across at Key stages 3 and 4 and at post 16
The subject specific element of the course will encourage trainees to become thoughtful reflective and critical practioners who are aware of contemporary debates concerning teaching and learning History. Trainees will be given opportunities to develop skills to motivate and inspire pupils to become successful historians across the key stages.
The subject specific element of the course is delivered at our Bognor Regis Campus. The subject specific sessions are complemented by a Professional Studies programme, which is also based at Bognor Regis.
For further information, please see our course pages.
Feedback from Trainees
Feedback from Trainees who have successfully completed the course is very positive:
- I felt well supported and able to ask questions
- Good introduction to the National Curriculum and teaching methods
- Great balance of discussion and lectures, allowed us to be actively working in groups
- Friendly professional approach
- Well organised and well taught
- Excellent preparation to start teaching
- Fantastic atmosphere in seminar sessions
Dr Katharine Milcoy
PGCE History Co-ordinator
Acknowledgement for railway drawing.
Illustrations of Stockton to Darlington (1825) and Liverpool Manchester Railways (1830)National Archives (COPY 1/108 f.311)