Book your Open Day now

UK Visa and Immigration Guidance

Guidance on Right to Work in the UK and UK Visas and Immigration 

The University has a legal responsibility to check that all employees are entitled to work in the UK.  Before undertaking any paid work for the University you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. If you need any further information or guidance please visit the home office website.

The University may be able to apply and obtain a work permit for a suitably qualified applicant for roles that require highly specialist skills and qualifications such as Senior Lecturers or Researchers.  This will apply only if there are no suitable "settled worker".   

This application is dependent on stringent allocation criteria. It is extremely unlikely that a work permit would be granted for vacancies that are not of an academic, research or highly specialist nature.Currently applicants from non EEA countries without current valid right to work in the UK status must meet stringent requirements before being allowed to work. For further information on sponsoring migrant workers please see the Governments website.

Should you have any further questions or queries please contact the University’s Recruitment Team at or telephone 01243 816114 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.