The International Foundation for Business is a 2-semester programme commencing in November and ending in June. Successful completion offers progression onto a range of undergraduate degree courses at the University of Chichester Business School.
Students will improve their English language proficiency, subject knowledge, and study skills. They will study in a supportive environment, which will assist them as they adapt to university life in a different culture.
Got a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
The material is delivered through a combination of formal face-to-face lectures and online resources such as pre-recorded lectures and videos. Contact hours are apportioned 1:1 in respect of lectures to tutorials or workshops.
The module will be interactive and practical, and the skills acquired will be underpinned by a theoretical framework.
All material is delivered and supported in small groups (typically 15 students). Tutorials and workshops are interactive and provide opportunities for formative feedback in a supportive learning environment.
Assessments are comprised of a combination of coursework, project work, and written examinations.
The International Foundation programme has been designed to ensure that the articulation of students from their pathway onto their chosen degree programme is underpinned by University of Chichester’s robust quality assurance measures and the relevant QAA subject benchmarks.
What will you study
Throughout this course, you will study a variety of modules including:
- Skills for Success in Higher Education
- English for Academic Purposes
- Academic Integrity and Writing
- Quantitative Techniques
- Interpersonal Communications
- Applied Digital Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Business in Context
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Where Can This Take You
After successful completion of your Foundation Year, you are guaranteed automatic progression into the 3-year degree programme in your chosen subject pathway, all on a single visa.
This course will enable international students to proceed onto the following undergraduate Business programmes:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Event Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Event Management
- BA (Hons) Event Management and Finance
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) Computing for Business