The International Year One Business is a two semester 8 module provision.
Successful completion of the International Year One component of the programme enables students to progress their studies at Level 5 within any of the programmes which are based within the University of Chichester’s Business School provision.
Students will have opportunities to improve their English for academic purposes and enhance their English language proficiency in a supportive environment as they adapt to university life in a different culture.
In addition, the programme is designed to equip students with the digital skills to fully participate in modern university academic programmes.
Got a question? Email us at Hello@HolmesEducation.Group
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
The material is delivered through a combination of formal face-to-face lectures and online resources such as pre-recorded lectures and videos. Contact hours are apportioned 1:1 in respect of lectures to tutorials or workshops.
The module will be interactive and practical, and the skills acquired will be underpinned by a theoretical framework.
All material is delivered and supported in small groups (typically 15 students). Tutorials and workshops are interactive and provide opportunities for formative feedback in a supportive learning environment.
Assessments are comprised of a combination of coursework, project work, and written examinations.
The International Year One programme has been designed to ensure that the articulation of students from their pathway onto their chosen degree programme is underpinned by University of Chichester’s robust quality assurance measures and the relevant QAA subject benchmarks.
What will you study
Throughout this course, you will study a variety of modules including:
- Further English for Academic Purposes
- Managing People & Organisations
- Business in the Digital Age
- Accounting for Business
- Personal and Professional Development
- Introduction to Marketing
- Law in the Workplace
- Digital Marketing (Elective)
- Introduction to Event Management (Elective)
- Principles of Effective Web Development (Elective)
- Introduction to Taxation (Elective)
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Where Can This Take You
Students enrolled in our Pre-Masters programme will study 1-2 semesters with UCIC before progressing to their chosen Masters pathway.
This pre-masters course leads directly into our Masters level Business programmes:
- MSc International Business*
- MSc International Business and Finance*
- MSc Digital Marketing
- MSc Data Science and Analytics
- MSc Computer Science
*can only be applied through the one semester route
- 48 UCAS tariff points at A/AS level, or equivalent
- Applicants will also need to meet the minimum English language requirement of an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component below 5.5, or an equivalent recognised test at B2 CEFR.