Latest government guidance
The vast majority of our on-campus practical/workshop/laboratory sessions will return to normal face to face delivery. We intend to return to as much face-to-face teaching as possible, however, to ensure good practice, we will continue with the 1 metre-plus social distancing rule as much as possible. This may mean that some of our more populated lectures (with 50 students or more) will need to be moved to an online format to ensure we can accommodate everyone.
The government has removed the legal requirements for face coverings but we advise that staff and students continue to wear face masks in busy areas around campus. This includes full or crowded spaces, where you will come into contact with people you infrequently meet, on public transport. We all play a key role in keeping each other safe, and face masks remain an important and trusted method of keeping viruses at bay – not only for Covid-19 but common colds and the flu.
Lateral Flow Testing
Staff and students can collect home test kits from:
- Learning Resource Centres
- Accommodation Offices
- SU venues
- Stockbridge reception
- Fishbourne Road East reception
Lateral flow test kits can be sent directly to your address or collected at nearby shops and pharmacies:
Guidance for students
If you think you have symptoms, or receive a positive test result, please notify the University via firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can email to book a phone call or ring in on the phone numbers below to book a triage:
- Wellbeing Mental Health: 01243 816402
- Wellbeing Student Adviser: 01243 816238
- Wellbeing (Student Advisers and Mental Health): email@example.com
- Student Health: Studenthealth@chi.ac.uk
- International Student Advisory Service email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are pregnant, and have concerns or question over Covid, please also refer to the comprehensive Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists website
Alternative arrangements can be made for students with Hearing Impairments to receive support.
Guidance for managers and staff
These guidelines provide practical advice relating to contractual and workplace obligations. This set of frequently asked questions will be updated as further advice is received.
Frequently asked questions
This page was last updated on Wednesday 24 November.