Apply theory to practice in sport leadership and management contexts
Our MA Sport Leadership and Management course provides you with the opportunity to apply theory to practice in sport leadership and management environments.
Your study will include thinking holistically and strategically about the working environment and enable to you critically review your own orientations and practices in sport leadership and management.
Aligned to industry standards
As a higher education partner of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, we offer this programme specifically aligned to industry expectations.
Develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are highly desirable to employers
Our MA Sport Leadership and Management course ensure that through the application of theory to practice you will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are highly desirable to employers.
Study options include:
- Understanding research methods
- Equality and diversity
- Sport business principles
- Models of leadership in sport
- Strategic leadership and management in sport
- Project management within sport
- Women's sport leadership and management
- Mentoring and coaching in sport and physical education
- Dissertation or work-based consultancy project
This is list is indicative and subject to future change.
Discover a wide range of excellent sporting facilities that support your learning
Tudor Hale Centre for Sport
Specialist outdoor sports pitches
FA Women's High-Performance Football Centre
Sports injury clinic
Learning Resource Centre
Subject specific librarians
Teaching and Assessment
Learn from experienced experts and specialists
The MA Sport Leadership and Management aims to provide you with an outstanding learning experience in a supportive community of learning.
Your MA programme will be taught and supervised by a team experienced in sports management and leadership in a range of contexts and who are research active.
Professional and academic expertise therefore inform the contemporary, subject specific thinking that underpins the content of each module.
Course fees 2023/24
UK fee (full-time)
International fee (full-time)
For further details about fees, please see our Tuition Fees page.
For further details about international scholarships, please see our Scholarships page.
University of Chichester alumni who have completed a full undergraduate degree at the University will receive a 15% discount on their postgraduate fees.
To find out about any additional costs on this course, please see our Additional Costs page.
- An honours degree at 2:1 or higher in a related discipline.
- You will also be required to attend an interview.
- If English is not your first language then English language proficiency required is IELTS 6.5 (with no element less than 5.5) – or equivalent qualification.