Gain the knowledge and skills needed to access higher education
This is a 12-week course that provides you with the knowledge and skills you will need to access higher education.
It is designed to use your professional and personal experience to develop your academic skills.
The course is delivered flexibly to make sure that it fits easily around your work and family life. You will be led by a team of inspirational and experienced lecturers who will work with you to ensure that on completion of the course, you have the qualification necessary to apply for one of the highly respected degree courses at the University of Chichester.
On this course you will:
- Develop personal, professional and academic skills that enable you to progress to further qualifications within higher education.
- Understand the needs of individual learners are different.
- Learn on a course that is flexible course that caters for all learners.
- Open up study routes that are relevant to a large variety of subject areas.
- Notice real change in their personal confidence and professional effectiveness.
Develop you professional and personal skills
This course has only one module which will introduce a range of professional, personal, academic and employment-related skills.
It will provide you with:
- Personal skills: develop resilience and self-efficacy; reflective practice; academic writing and research skills.
- Professional skills: communication skills; managing personal and professional conflicts; setting professional boundaries and team working.
- Employability: self-presentation; interview technique and discussion skills.
- Sector or organisation specific knowledge and skills: access topics relevant to specific employed/voluntary roles and academic progression routes.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Discover facilities that help support your learning experience
Learning Resource Centre
Subject specific librarians
Develop your opportunities within higher education
So far, students who have completed the Bridging course have gone onto the following degrees at the University:
- Fine Art
- Outdoor and Adventure Education
- Mechanical Engineering
- Creative Writing
There are no entry requirements as this programme is a non-traditional route into Higher Education.
It has been designed to build your academic skills and confidence so that you can undertake a degree at the University of Chichester.