The BA (Hons) Finance and Accounting (International Route) Top-up degree is a one-year full time course designed for international students who hold a finance and accounting associate degree (or equivalent) and want to earn a full honours degree and possibly continue to postgraduate study.
The course is for international students who want to study in the UK and gain a full finance and accounting related honours degree alongside the skills and knowledge needed for further postgraduate study.
This degree will prepare you for further study at masters level in the UK. If you achieve a second class honours or higher you will be guaranteed entry to the University of Chichester MSc International Business programmes, with bursaries available for students achieving a 2:1 or above.
On this course you will:
- Develop the academic and communication skills you need to perform at postgraduate level or in a finance role where you need English
- Gain finance and accounting knowledge and cultural awareness
- Learn to conduct independent research projects
- Develop your English language skills
- Work closely with your personal tutor throughout your degree
- Benefit from quality teaching by skilled academics who are experts in their field with real industry experience
- Make the most of small class sizes
- Complete workshop-based interactive activities
- Be guaranteed admission to our postgraduate programmes if you achieve a 2:2 or above
- Be eligible for postgraduate business programmes bursaries if you achieve a 2:1 or above
This course is accredited by:
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
This course is delivered in small classes through workshop-based, interactive and developmental activities.
You will be assessed through a range of assignments including exams, coursework, essays, presentations and a group discussion.
We specialise in offering individual and tailored support to international students.
In addition to International English classes which form part of your Programme you also receive:
- Individual tutorial support (3 hours per semester), to help you plan, carry out and check your coursework
- A special international orientation programme to welcome you to University
- Dedicated international advisers to help you with issues such as visas, opening a bank account and generally settling in to life in the UK
- Social events to help you integrate into the University community and University life
What you will study
The learning focus of the BA (Hons) Finance and Accounting (International Route) combines study skills, academic English, research skills, and finance practices.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Academic English 1You will be assessed through a portfolio of written tasks and a group discussion. More information on this module will be available soon.
Financial ManagementThis module will introduce you to areas of key financial decision-making and related underlying theory. This includes decisions about setting corporate objectives, the funding of corporate operations and the appraisal of potential investments. You will examine the choices available to companies regarding their capital structure and dividend policies and gain an understanding of the operation of equity markets and related implications for listed companies. You will be assessed through an essay and a two hour exam.
Strategic Management AccountingMore information on this module will be available soon.
International Business CommunicationMore information on this module will be available soon.
Academic English 2This module will build on the Academic English 1 module and develop your English skills. More information on this module will be available soon.
Finance and Accounting ProjectThe Finance and Accounting project is designed to prepare students for the demands of a postgraduate dissertation. It includes a taught introduction to business research with independent research work.
Excellent learning facilities
Learning Resource Centre
After your degree
This course will help you to develop the academic and communication skills you will need to perform successfully at the postgraduate level. You will develop your business knowledge, cultural awareness, language ability, and ability to conduct independent research projects.
This BA (Hons) Finance & Accounting (International Route) degree can meet the requirements for you to apply for postgraduate business degrees at any UK university. If you meet certain conditions you are guaranteed admission to specific postgraduate courses at the University of Chichester and could earn a place onto our MSc International Business and Finance. If you achieve an upper second class degree (2:1) or higher then you will be guaranteed admission to one of our postgraduate programmes and qualify for a bursary.
Course Fees 2022/23
Typical offers (individual offers may vary):
Associate Degree (or Junior College Diploma)
If your language is not yet at this level, please read about our Pre-sessional Programmes.