Degree Apprenticeships for Employers
The University of Chichester is working with employers of all sizes and across a range of sectors to deliver degree apprenticeships in areas such as Leadership and Management, Digital, Engineering and Teaching.
Available to existing employees or new recruits, apprenticeships allow you to develop talent and sustainability in your industry.
Degree Apprenticeships allow learners to combine studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification with a full or part time job.
Funded through the apprenticeship levy or a payment arrangement with the government, degree apprenticeships provide an affordable solution to staff development.
Find out more about our current degree apprenticeships and partners below, or email us at email@example.com to explore working with us.
What is having a degree apprentice like for your business?
Hear from other employers
About Degree Apprenticeships
What you need to know about degree apprenticeships
Benefits to Your Buisness
- Develop the talent you need for your business.
- Increase productivity.
- Fill higher level skills gap.
- Develop existing staff.
- Attract high-calibre staff and improve staff retention.
- Train the way your business works.
- Offer clear progression routes.
How Degree Apprenticeships Work
- You employ your apprentice
- Can be a new recruit or an existing employee
- Typically four-year apprenticeship
- Apprentices gain professional skills on the job
- Apprentices study for a degree at the University of Chichester
- Day release over three 10-week terms a year
- University handles administration relating to training
- Employer handles administration relating to human resources
About the Money
- If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy, the apprentice's tuition fees are paid from your Digital Account
- If you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy, the apprentice's tuition fees will be joint-funded by your business and the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Additional professional accreditation charges may apply
- Apprenticeship is a full or part time, salaried position
- Apprentice is eligible for employee benefits
- Apprentice is not eligible for a student loan
- Additional financial incentives are available to employers
Will the University of Chichester help me with the recruitment?
Our dedicated apprenticeship team will be able to support you with all aspects of the recruitment process, through advertising, shortlisting and even hosting interviews or assessment centres if required. Please contact us to discuss this.
Find Out More
Downloadable guides for employers
Download these guides to learn more about employing a degree apprentice and working with us at the University of Chichester.
Our approach to subcontracting elements of our apprenticeship offer
We are committed to delivering high quality apprenticeships that meet the needs of apprentices and employers.
To support this delivery, in some limited instances we may work with a third party who would provide of selected services within the apprenticeship. This will only be in instances where the use of the third party would enhance the apprentice experience and where it is agreed with the employer that the service can meet or exceed the academic standard required within the Apprenticeship.