Book your Open Day now

Visa and Immigration


At the moment nationals from EU/EEA countries and Swiss nationals do not need a visa. Please see the EU Settlement Scheme section for more information on the EU/EEA/Swiss national’s entitlements and the current settlement scheme application process.

Students from all other countries do need a visa. If you have a permission to remain in the UK for some reason other than being a student, then you may not need a student visa. Use the Home Office Check if you need a visa function to find out about your options.

If you do not already have a permission to remain in the UK, you must apply for a student visa to study at University of Chichester. The length of the course may affect the type of visa you need. To help you understand what type of visa you require, please refer to our "Which Visa?" Flowchart.

For details on all immigration categories please visit the Home Office website.

Please note that these sections are for information only. The Home Office frequently amends the immigration rules so we strongly advise you to check their website for the latest information on regulations.

If you require individual advice please contact the International Student Advisory Service directly: or +44 (0) 1243 812146.