Mental Health and Wellbeing Lab
At the Mental Health and Wellbeing Lab we are interested in the researching the two modes of living – ‘being’ and ‘doing’.
Specifically we explore the effects of mindfulness and mindfulness-based interventions, maladaptive thinking styles such as rumination and worry, barriers to being mindful and meaning of engagement in mindfulness. Research at the lab has explored these topics meta-analyses, structural equation modelling and qualitative analyses.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Lab has been involved with the Sussex Mindfulness Centre at the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
To find out more about the centre please contact Dr Moitree Banerjee at email@example.com.
Current Projects and Available Participation Opportunities
- Randomised Controlled trial comparing self-help mindfulness and music interventions
- Qualitative analysis of the change experienced by NHS staff after an 8-week mindfulness cours
Some Recent Past Projects
- Meta-analysis exploring engagement in mindfulness-based interventions
- Rumination and worry as barriers to engagement in mindfulness
- Measuring physical and psychological engagement in mindfulness based interventions