Search magnifier
Book a campus tour

How to apply

Most of courses require you to apply through UCAS, but it will depend on your course. To find out about your course of interest use our course search, all the information about the course and how to apply can be found on the course pages.

We look at each application on an individual basis. The typical offers listed on the course pages are a guide and your offer may vary from that.

We like to look at your personal statement, your predicted grades, your reference (your interview, if appropriate) and, of course, your qualifications before deciding what offer to make to you.

Please see our Admissions Policy for more information. 

Full time undergraduate courses

Applicants for full time degree and foundation degrees should apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

Personal Statement

All applicants are required to write a personal statement and submit this with their application. Your personal statement should contain information about yourself, why you want to study the chosen subject(s), details of any related experience etc. Above all it should show the admissions tutor your enthusiasm and interest in the subject. Remember that the Admissions Tutor will have to read many personal statements therefore you should try to make your statement interesting and descriptive.

Our policy on reformed A and AS levels

Whilst certified AS level grades may be a useful indicator of academic progress, Chichester will continue to value the academic judgement of the applicant’s referee when writing a UCAS reference and offering predicted grades.

The University will ensure that there is no advantage or disadvantage to applicants based on the presence or otherwise of certified AS grades on their UCAS application.

With regard to the presence or otherwise of a fourth AS level, the University will have no expectation of a fourth AS level.  The University does, however, reserve the right to count or not count UCAS Tariff Points from a fourth AS level (or, indeed an Extended Project Qualification) where an applicant is able to present this.

Part Time Undergraduate Courses

Apply directly to the University by downloading and completing the application form and reference form.

PGCE Courses

Applicants for PGCE courses should apply through UCAS Teacher Training.

Find out more about applying to teacher training degrees on the UCAS website.


Apply directly to us by using our online application form and completing and returning a reference form.

Applications to the following courses must be made in conjunction with guidance notes. Please contact the Admissions team for these notes.

  • MA Education
  • Certificate in Professional Development
  • MA Fine Art
  • MA Creative Writing
  • Postgraduate Dance courses


Find out about applying for postgraduate research.

International Applicants

For further advice for international applicants please have a look at our International pages.


You should submit the following documents with your application form:

  • Copies of all certificates/results (required for ALL qualifications declared on the application form)
  • Reference - Academic/Professional 
  • A personal statement 
  • If you do not include all of the necessary documents, this could result in a delay in processing your application

Reference – Academic/Professional

One Academic/Professional reference is required for undergraduate courses. Two Academic/Professional references are required for Postgraduate applications.

If you have any additional queries about applying or your application please email