Post-study Work Visa Options
- University of Chichester International Pathways
- Your Country Representatives
- Country Specific Entry Requirements
- English Language Requirements
- Fees and Finance
- Visa and Immigration
- International Student Support
- Study Abroad and Exchange
- International Short Programme Unit (ISPU)
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Open Days and Campus Tours
Information on the visa options for post-study work
If you want to work in the UK after you graduate, you will need to research your options well in advance. Your options are as follows:
- Graduate Route 'Post-Study Work visa'
- Skilled Worker Route (formerly Tier 2)
- Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa
- Tier 5 Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange visa
- You must apply online.
- You can only apply in the UK.
- You do not need a university or an employer to sponsor you.
- You must have completed your studies.
- You will need your CAS number from your last student visa application.
For more information, please read our Graduate Route FAQs [PDF]
You can find lots of information relating to this visa route on the UKCISA website
You can apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa is available for the following nationalities: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea or Taiwan. It is also open to British citizens overseas and British Nationals overseas.
You need to be aged 18–30 and have £1,890 in savings. Check the full eligibility requirements on the UKVI website.
If you're from Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea, you must get a certificate of sponsorship reference number before you apply. This holds information about the job you do and your personal details. It’s not a certificate or paper document.
If you're from Taiwan, you need to register your interest with the National Youth Commission.
If you want to undertake a period of professional training or work experience, you can apply for The Tier 5 Temporary Worker schemehttps://www.gov.uk/tier-5-government-authorised-exchange. You will first be given for 12 months of leave, but you can extend this to 24 months. Please note that you are not allowed to take a permanent job.
You need to meet the eligibility criteria:
- You need to have £945 or more in your bank account for a period of 90 days; and
- You will need a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor.