Stay with a host family while you study with us.
Homestay is only provided for students enrolled on short courses managed by the International Short Programme Unit (ISPU).
What is Homestay accommodation?
Homestay is only provided for students enrolled on short courses managed by the International Short Programme Unit (ISPU) – these courses primarily run over the summer vacation although some do run during the academic year.
The cost of Homestay accommodation is included as part of your course.
Homestay is a great opportunity to live with a UK host family who will inspire you to explore British culture and give you the opportunity to practice your English speaking abilities.
Spending time with a host family is a unique and valuable part of studying with us.
Who would you be staying with?
Our hosts our local people sharing their homes and spare rooms with guests from around the world.
We have a diverse range of homestay providers; they could be a family with children, a widow, a single person or an older couple whose children have left home.
Whoever you may be staying with, they will welcome you into their home as part of the family.
What else do I need to know about Homestay accommodation?
- All Homestay properties have been visited and inspected by a representative of the Accommodation Office at the University.
- You will have your own room.
- Your host family will treat you as a friend of the family and will share meals with you.
- Most of our hosts live within 2 miles of our Bognor Regis Campus. The home of where you are staying may take up to 30 minutes traveling by public transport or be within walking distance of the University campus.
- The University offers a subsidised, frequent bus service between the University sites.
How do I apply for Homestay accommodation?
The booking of Homestay is managed by the Accommodation Office. If you are on an eligible course you will be informed by ISPU about the application process.