Home Life Support, Health and Wellbeing Disability, Learning Difficulties and Medical Conditions Information for Needs Assessors, Access Centres and Student Finance

Information for Needs Assessors, Access Centres and Student Finance

This page contains details of our Non Medical Helper (NMH) support rates, NMH Support Complaints Policy, and our Policy and Guidance Notes for external NMH providers at the University of Chichester.

Non-Medical Helper Rates Per Hour

NMH Rates 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2023 Per Hour
Net VAT Total
Band 1 Support Assistants
Sighted Guide £22.00 N/A £22.00
Band 2 Enhanced Support Assistants
Band 3 Specialist Enabling Support
Specialist Note Taker for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students - includes Electronic Note Taking £38.00 N/A £38.00
Specialist Notetaker (Visual Impairment) £38.00 N/A £38.00
Specialist Transcription £38.00 N/A £38.00
Band 4 Specialist Access and Learning Facilitators
Specialist Mentor - Mental Health Difficulties (MH) £58.00 N/A £58.00
Specialist Mentor - Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) £58.00 N/A £58.00
Specialist one-to-once Study Skills and Strategy Suppoer - Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) £58.00 N/A £58.00
Specialist one-to-one Study Skills and Strategy Support - Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) £58.00 N/A £58.00

Non-Medical Helper Support Complaints Policy

What to do if you are unhappy with our service

The Disability and Dyslexia Service (DDS) aims to provide an exemplary service to all our students. However we recognise that, even in the best run organisations, there may be a time when you are dissatisfied with the service we provide.

This complaints policy is here so that you know what you should do if you are dissatisfied, wish to raise a concern, or make a formal complaint about any aspect of the support we provide. We will treat any concern or complaint raised in a confidential and professional manner.

The policy below is relevant to any service we are providing to you funded by the Disabled Student Allowance. Complaints about other aspects of our service can be dealt with through the University Complaints Policy.

Other help available

Who to speak to for additional support

You may want some help or advice regarding your complaint and wish to speak to somebody outside of the University of Chichester Disability and Dyslexia Service.

In this situation you may wish to contact the Needs Assessor who carried out your original Study Aids and Strategies Support Assessment for the Disabled Student Allowance. You can find their contact details on your report document.

You may also wish to discuss your concerns with the University of Chichester Students’ Union by emailing studentsunion@chi.ac.uk.

Disability and Dyslexia Service Policies

The policies are available to download in both pdf and doc format.

Non Medical Helper Complaints Policy

Policy and Guidance Notes for External NMH Providers

Our address

For visits

I’m looking for