Student Visa (student route) Application Inside the UK

Applying for a student visa inside the UK

If you are already in the UK on a Student visa and want to extend this visa, please contact the International Student Advisory for advice.

Who can apply in the UK?

It is important that you meet the in-country visa application criteria which include the following:

  1. You cannot switch to this visa if you have one of the following visas:
  • a visit visa
  • a short-term student visa
  • a Parent of a Child Student visa
  • a seasonal worker visa
  • a domestic worker in a private household visa
  • leave outside the immigration rule

2. Length of time spent on Tier 4 visa/ Student Visa  – See information time limits here.

3. Academic progression requirements – You must have successfully completed your previous studies in the UK and you must be progressing to a higher level of study e.g. from undergraduate to postgraduate. See more on this requirements and exemptions in the Student Visa Guidance.

4. The gap between your current visa expiry date and the course start date must not exceed 28 days.

If you are a Pre-Sessional student and you need to extend your visa in the UK after completing you Pre-Sessional course, please visit our Pre-Sessional page for more information.

Starting your studies

It is not possible to start your studies with us if you have not submitted a visa extension application using our CAS.

You can register onto your course at Chichester only if you have received your new Student visa with our sponsor licence number or if you have submitted a valid application using our CAS and are waiting for a decision. During this time, you will be covered by Section 3C Leave. We would need to see evidence of your application at registration.

Click on the drop downs below to find out about applying for a student visa outside of the UK

Our address

I’m looking for